Unique Characteristics | Applications
A modified H13 mould steel, pre-hardened to 37-41 HRC with exceptional machinability
Unique Characteristics of DH2F Steel
- 38-42 HRc hardness.
- Through hardened for exceptional dimensional stability.
- Cuts mold making costs by reducing man hours required for machining. Classified as a “free-machining” steel.
- Ideal for complex, precision molds and parts susceptible to distortion and/or deformation without needing additional heat-treating.
- Ideal for Ion-nitriding.
Applications for DH2F Steel
- Molds for plastics
- Diecast die components
- Plunger tips, sprue bushings
- Diecasting dies for aluminum and zinc
- Dies for aluminum extrusions
- Press dies
- Dieplate strippers
- Machine parts