Features | Applications | Heat Treatment | Microstructure | Thermal Expansion Rate
High strength, tough and high heat check resistance hot work die steel.
DH31-EX is a hot working die steel with the best balance of strength and toughness showing the comparable softening resistance to SKD7 and twice hardenability as that of SKD61.
- High hardenability: High toughness is obtained even in large size die.
- High strength: High softening resistance at elevated temperature contributes to high wear
- High toughness: DH31-EX has higher toughness than that of SKD61.
- High heat check resistance: Excellent heat check resistance leads to longer life.
- Aluminum die cast dies especially for large size – long life use
- Aluminum die cast parts such as pins and plunger sleeve
- Hot forging dies
- Hot pressing dies
- Aluminum extrusion dies
Examples of Applications
Microstructure (Quenched and tempered)
Quenching rate vs. Toughness
Heat Checking Resistance
Al Erosion Resistance
Thermal Expansion Rate