WEAR RESISTANT STEEL PLATES FROM | TITUS STEEL
Wear Resistant Steel Plates
Abrasion or Wearing of Steel destroys machinery, adds to costs, and delays production through downtime. Wear resistant steel plates can help mitigate the impact of the following 3 types of abrasion:
- Low-stress abrasion caused by grinding, sliding, or scraping
- High-stress abrasion caused by impact, blasting, scraping
- High-stress abrasion caused by heavy crushing or compression
To reduce wear and abrasion, the first requirement is surface hardness, and the second is resistance to shearing, tearing or cracking of the steel. The ideal Abrasion Resistant steel wear plate (AR) should have two characteristics:
- High initial hardness and the ability to “work-harden”, complete through hardness, a fine microstructure, good in hot and cold conditions, and corrosion resistant
- Good workability including ease of flame or Plasma cutting, weldability (i.e. low hydrogen rod, no pre or post-heating), formable, and easy machining
These properties can only be achieved through chemistry (carbon, manganese, boron, chrome etc) and heat treatment (air, water, oil quenching).
Most AR Steel wear-resistant steel plates are air quenched, which provides a very poor microstructure prone to cracking and tearing. Their chemistry makes them very difficult to machine or form.
TITUS WEAR-RESISTANT STEEL PLATES solve the problem of severe abrasion and impact with the added feature of easy processing.
Titus Wear-Resistant Steel Plates have an optimally enriched chemical composition, superior and expensive oil quenching, work-harden to 560 BHN, high shear and tearing resistance, complete through hardness, are excellent in hot and cold conditions and are corrosion resistant. Our wear-resistant steel plates are machinable and formable and require no pre or post-heating.
Examples of Our Wear Resistant Steel Plates
Contact Us Today to Learn More About Our Steel Plates
Titus Steel products and solutions enable our customers to reduce downtime, increase payload and protect their employees. Let us help you overcome your steel challenges.
Fill in the form below, and our Sales Representative will be in touch.